This dessert recipe is a testament to what magic a simple cake, some custard and a few fruits can create. Ready in less than 15 minutes, Cake Surprise is a recipe that will charm your family and friends with its flavor and texture. It’s the perfect party dessert.
- Vanilla Cake (homemade or ready-made) 3 – 4 bite-sized pieces
- Vanilla Custard powder 1 tablespoon
- Milk 2 cups
- Sugar 2 teaspoons
- Assorted Fruits, chopped 1 cup
- Place a deep saucepan with milk over medium heat.
- As soon as the milk gets warm, add the sugar to it. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Now lower the heat and add the custard powder and keep stirring while you add to avoid lump formation.
- Keep stirring the custard until it thickens slightly. Then turn off the heat and allow the custard to cool.
- Place the custard in the fridge to cool until serving time.
- When ready to serve, place a bit-sized piece of vanilla cake in each serving bowl. Top with about 2 tablespoons of custard.
- Garnish with chopped fruits and served chilled.
Note: Making Vanilla cake at home is super-easy. The recipe for it will be covered in another recipe soon.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4