How about a light and healthy breakfast that’s also filling? Create a delicious combo of fresh herbs, olive oil, and cheese and smack that stuffing into bread slices. Grill to perfection and serve hot for a yummy breakfast your kids will absolutely adore you for. This Cheese ‘n’ Herb Grilled Sandwich is easy to make and brings quite a refreshing change to your morning menu.
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded 1 cup
- Cheddar, shredded 1 cup
- Brown / White bread 8-12 slices
- Tarragon, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Parsley,chopped 3 tablespoons
- Cilantro, chopped 2 tablespoons
- Basil, chopped 1 tablespoon
- Lime zest 1 teaspoon
- Garlic clove, finely chopped 1
- Dijon mustard ¼ teaspoon
- Extra-virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Grind the garlic clove into a coarse paste.
- Add all the herbs, lime zest, mustard and half of the cheese to the garlic paste and grind in a food processor until well blended.
- Take this mixture out in a bowl and add the remaining cheese to this.
- Apply this mixture on one side of each bread slice and cover with the other slice.
- Brush the top of the sandwich with a little olive oil and grill it on medium-high heat for 5 – 6 minutes or until the bread is toasted and the cheese melts.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes