If you’re looking for an easy, no cook, make ahead snack or appetizer for an upcoming party, these tasty skewers make for the perfect choice. Fresh tomatoes, cheese and basil are a classic combo that represents easy living, Italian style and putting it on a stick is even an easier way for your guests to enjoy it. Also, these cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and basil sticks ensure a perfect ration tomato to cheese to basil. On the plus side, it’s also vegetarian and gluten-free. That being said, this is a great way to serve cherry tomato-mozzarella-basil salad and it is truly a crowd-pleaser.
- 8 Bocconcini (small mozzarella balls)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 16 small Cherry Tomatoes
- 48 fresh Basil leaves
Procedure for making these Skewers
- Slice the bocconcini into thirds and put them in a bowl along with the olive oil, parsley, oregano and black pepper. Stir the mixture.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Thread each tomato half on a skewer or toothpick, followed by basil leaf, bocconcini, basil and another tomato half.
Note: You may use these wooden skewers.
- Repeat the threading process with the remaining ingredients.