My all time favorites, Burrito bowls are packed full of flavor, are easy to make and fill the tummy perfectly. Rice, black beans (rajma), salsa sauce, and choice of veggies or chicken make for the ultimate meal. Especially good for lazy bums like me who like to combine everything into a single bowl and eat it up with a spoon!
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Onion, diced 1 small
- Garlic, minced 1 clove
- Chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Boneless, skinless chicken pieces 1-1/2 pounds
- Black beans, rinsed 400 grams
- Long grain white rice, uncooked 1 cup
- Salsa sauce 1 cup
- Chicken broth 2 cups
- Chopped Ciantro for serving 1/4 cup
- Grated Cheese for serving 1/4 cup
- Salt To taste
- Put a pressure cooker over medium heat and the olive oil to it. When the oil heats up, saute the onions until they become soft.
- Lower the heat and add minced garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes
- Add chili powder and salt and stir everything.
- Now add the boneless chicken pieces, black beans, rice and salsa sauce. Stir gently and then pour the chicken broth in.
- Stir gently again and then close the pressure cooker with its lid. Increase the heat to high and let it come to a whistle. Then lower the heat and let everything cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and release the steam by lifting the whistle. Then carefully open the lid.
- Stir the contents with a wooden spoon and then empty them into a serving bowl.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and cheese. Serve hot!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes