Another masterpiece from Chinese cuisine, Chili Chicken has become quite popular all over world with local twists in the recipe. Even with respect to Indo-Chinese cuisine, Chili Chicken is a favorite dish among non-vegetarian lovers. It is served as a starter, a snack or accompanying side dish to the main course meal as well. Here’s the easy recipe to make restaurant style Chili Chicken at home.
- Boneless chicken, cut into cubes 300 grams
- Egg, beaten 1
- Onion, peeled and cut into cubes 1 medium
- Green bell pepper, unseeded and cut into cubes 1 medium
- Green chilies, coarsely chopped 2
- Garlic cloves, finely chopped 4 – 5
- Ginger, finely chopped 1 inch
- Dark soy sauce 2 tablespoons
- Green chili sauce 1-½ tablespoon
- Corn flour 3 tablespoons
- Crushed black pepper 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Cooking Oil As required
- Chopped spring onion greens For garnish
- Take chicken cubes in a bowl add ½ tsp green chili sauce, 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, crushed black peppers, red chili powder, 1 tbsp corn starch and beaten egg into it.
- Mix well to coat all pieces nicely with marinade. Keep aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. Slide in marinated chickens one by one gently and deep fry them to golden brown color from all sides. When done, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to soak the excess oil and keep aside for a while.
- Put another saucepan on heat with 2 tbsp oil in it on medium-high heat add chopped onions, sauté for 3 to 4 minutes and then add chopped ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add capsicum cubes and fried chicken pieces. Stir fry for a minute and then add remaining soy sauce, green chili sauce, chopped green chilies. Mix well and cook for a minute.
- Meanwhile, dissolve remaining corn starch in ¼ cup of water and pour into the saucepan, let it cook further for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Adjust salt if required. Garnish with chopped spring onion greens and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes