Soups are a must have on chilly winter nights, and clear vegetable soup is one of the quickest possible soups to make. It is a healthy way to eat vegetables with their complete nourishment as well as a great substitute for a regular meal too. Very easy to make at home, it can be modified according to your taste as well.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 small Carrot, chopped
- 5 – 6 florets Broccoli, diced into halves
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup Celery, chopped
- ¼ cup Mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup Tofu, diced (optional)
- 4 cups Vegetable stock (broth)
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper powder, for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Procedure for making this Soup
- Put a saucepan on medium heat with oil in it and add chopped garlic and onions.
- Sauté for a minute then add chopped celery, carrots and broccoli.
- Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes, then add chopped mushrooms and 4 cups of vegetable stock.
- Let it simmer, covered for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add diced tofu and season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Pour into the serving bowls and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4
Tofu can be replaced with cottage cheese (paneer), vegetable stock with chicken stock or even water and more veggies of choice can be added.