Soups are comfort food for the winters. I for one can never get enough of soups. They are easy to make, filling, and super healthy. Here’s an amazing recipe to make quick and delicious Corn Cream & Tomato soup that you and your family will absolutely love.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 cup Boiled Corn
- 1 cup Skim or low fat Milk
- 1 cup Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 medium Onion, minced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 – 4 Green Onion stalks, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Water (more if needed)
Procedure for making the Soup
- Put a deep pan on medium heat with olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add onion and garlic and cook until transparent.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes until combined well with onion/garlic mixture.
- Now add the corn and milk. Stir to combine evenly and then slowly bring to a boil.
- Add water and mix. Again, let the soup come to a good boil. If you thick the soup is too thick, you may add a little more water to bring it to desired consistency.
- Reduce heat, add green onions and season with salt/pepper.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until the soup is well combined.
- Serve warm.