Delicious and healthy, Palak Corn is a lunch or dinner main course gravy that’s liked all over India. It is usually served with Indian flat breads such as naan or chapatti. Rich with proteins and iron, this dish is a perfect fit for formal parties and can be made easily at home.
- Spinach 1/2 kg
- Corn kernels 1/2 cup
- Onion, chopped 1 medium
- Tomatoes, pureed 2 medium
- Ginger paste 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Green chili, chopped 1
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Red chili powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Cooking oil 2 tablespoons
- Wash and blanch the spinach. Then drain it and wash it under running cold water. Then make a smooth puree in grinder.
Tip: Blanch spinach with a pinch of cooking soda to get a bright green color of spinach.
- Microwave the corn kernels for two minutes to make them tender.
- Put a frying pan on medium heat with oil in it. Add cumin seeds and when they start to crackle add chopped onion.
- Stir fry until golden brown, then add in puree of tomatoes.
- Stir and cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until it leaves oil from sides; now add in salt and dry spices. Stir cook for 2 more minutes on low heat.
- Now add in pureed spinach and cook further for 5 – 7 minutes on low heat then add corns in it. When extra water evaporates and the spinach becomes dry turn the heat off.
- Add Garam Masala, stir and transfer into serving bowl.
- Serve hot with chapatti, naan or parantha.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes