Salad with a twist! That’s how I like to describe this recipe (adapted from thecomfortofcooking.com). It yields a starter or side dish that will blow you away. It is simple, quick to make, and so very delicious. The best part is, you will have all the ingredients right in your kitchen. So get some cucumbers, cheese and salad veggies and start chopping!
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 2 Cucumbers
- ½ small Onion, finely chopped
- ½ Red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/8 cup Black olives, pitted and chopped
- ¼ tablespoon Oregano
- 1/8 cup Cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon Lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Salt and ground Black Pepper, to taste
Procedure for making Cucumber Bites
- Wash the cucumbers thoroughly and then peel them length-wise leaving thin strips of the skin going down the entire length.
Note: You may use this kitchen peeler.
- Trim the ends and then chop them into thick slices. Scoop out the center from each slice leaving a thick shell of flesh.
Note: You may use this fruit baller.
- Combine everything else in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cucumber cups with the salad. Garnish with parsley and cheese if desired.
- Chill for some time before serving or serve at room temperature as per choice.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 12 – 15 cups
You may use this kitchen chopper to quickly chop all the veggies.