Light and creamy, a mousse is a dessert most people like. It’s the perfect after-meal touch of sweetness that can grace any get together, formal or otherwise. This egg-less chocolate mousse recipe yields the perfect ending to a great meal; and it’s ridiculously simple to prepare.
- Heavy Cream, cold 450 grams
- Milk Chocolate Chips 1-1/2 cups
- Powdered Sugar 2 tablespoons
- Put the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave until they melt. Stop after every few seconds to stir them so that they melt evenly. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the heavy cream with a mixer until it becomes thick and peaks start to form.
- To the beaten cream add the powdered sugar immediately followed by the melted chocolate.
- Beat everything until the mousse becomes thick and well combined.
- Transfer the mousse to serving glasses. Top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and some melted chocolate.
- Keep it in the fridge for about 10 minutes. Remove from the fridge and serve after 2 minutes.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 – 5