Egg toast is a simple and healthy breakfast dish for egg lovers. Quick to make, this recipe can also be served as an evening snack when you’re hungry and want a quick meal. It’s makes for a good lunch item for kids too.
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Bread slices
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, chopped
- 2 Green chilies, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Chat Masala
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil or butter
Procedure for making Egg Toast
- Beat one egg in a bowl and then add chopped onion, ginger, coriander, green chili, salt and red chili powder in it.
- Keep a flat non stick pan or griddle on medium heat. Melt some butter on it.
- Pour the egg mixture on the pan, spread it just a little and then keep a bread slice on it.
- Press it a little with a spatula so that some of the egg mixture sticks to the bread slice. Cook for a minute to let omelet turn golden brown.
- Using a wooden spatula, lift the bread slice, flip it and keep it back on the egg. Spread some butter at the edges all around the omelet.
- Cook for few seconds and then flip it all together so that it gets cooked from other side too.
- Cook till the egg turns brown from both sides. Remove from the pan and place in the serving dish.
- Do the same with rest of the eggs and bread slices.
- Sprinkle some chat masala and serve hot with tomato ketchup.