The scorching heat needs something chilled to cool you down, and if it is a healthy food item, nothing like it. This recipe yields truly yum and chilled yogurt that will cool your mind and refresh your senses. Frozen yogurt is usually made by freezing sweetened yogurt (sometimes other dairy products too). It varies from ice cream as it is a bit more tart but lower in fat as compared to ice cream due to use of milk instead of cream.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 3 cups Greek yogurt (or simple yogurt)
- 2/3rd cup Sugar
- ½ cup Mixed Raisins and Candied Fruits
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Procedure for making Frozen Yogurt
- Combine the yogurt, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar completely then refrigerate to chill for at least an hour.
- Stir in the mixed raisins and candied fruits and transfer mixture into ice cream maker.
- Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions then transfer into plastic container and cover the surface with a plastic sheet; close the container with its lid.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes (excluding freezing time)
For best results, refrigerate it overnight. A suitable sugar substitute like sucrose or honey may be used instead of white sugar for health reasons.