I love ice cream sandwiches, and when they are packed with fruit flavors, nothing like it! Ice cream sandwiches make for the perfect summer treat, and they can be your complete meal if you don’t want to have anything boring! I like substituting my lunch / evening snack with these any day. And they’re super easy to make with ready-made crackers. Try them, your family will love you!
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 10 Graham crackers
- ¾ cup Strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- ½ cup Banana, chopped
- 1 cup plain Yogurt
- 1 heaping cup Lite cool whip, thawed
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
Procedure for making Ice-Cream Sandwiches
- Line square pan with foil with its ends extending up and over the sides.
Note: You may use this square baking tray as the base.
- Arrange half of the graham cracker pieces along the pan bottom.
- Grind strawberries in blender, then add banana and blend.
- Spoon the fruit mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in whipped topping, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- Spread over graham pieces in pan and top with remaining graham pieces, aligning them over the bottom layer.
- Place in the freezer for 4 hours.
- Lift dessert from pan and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut between grahams into 21 bars.