This is an easy recipe to prepare baked or grilled fruity veg skewers with marinated fruit and veggie bites. Pleasing to the eyes, these are perfect to be served as an appetizer or as an entree to your guests. Try out this simple method to make this delightful appetizer at home.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 Apple, cut into thick half wedges
- 1 large Sweet potato, parboiled & diced into ½ inch discs
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 small Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Green bell pepper, cut into fairly large chunks
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into fairly large chunks
- 1 Yellow bell pepper, cut into fairly large chunks
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Mixed dried Italian herbs
- Salt and Black pepper, to taste
Procedure for making Fruity Veg Skewers
- Combine olive oil with lime or lemon juice and honey in a mixing bowl. Add in ground cumin, red chili powder, dried Italian herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk until well combined.
- Dip all parboiled and peeled sweet potato discs in the prepared dressing and transfer into another bowl.
- Now add rest of the veggies along with apple chunks into the dressing and stir so as to coat well with it. Cover the bowl and keep aside to marinate for at least half an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees Celsius and line your baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Note: You may use this oven.
- Thread all veggies and apple chunks in alternate manner on skewers, reserve remaining dressing. Place skewers on prepared baking sheet.
Note: You may use these wooden skewers.
- Bake in preheated oven at 230 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Baste the veggies on skewers with remaining dressing in mixing bowl and turn the sides of skewers. Bake further for 10 minutes or until the veggies are nicely baked and skin of tomatoes and bell peppers is slightly shrunk.
- Bring out of the oven and transfer onto serving platter. Serve warm.