Gingery, lemony, fizzy, sugary, this drink is a perfect blend of all. The tang and kick to refresh you on a hot summer day, Ginger fizz is a delicious cool treat to serve even as a welcome drink to guests during summers. And ginger makes it healthy too!
- Fresh ginger (light pink) 2 inch piece
- Sugar 4 tablespoons or to taste
- Water 1 cup
- Lemon juice 2 – 3 teaspoons
- Black Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Club Soda 1
- Crushed ice 1/2 cup
- Thin round lemon wedges 2, For garnishing
- Peel and wash ginger and then crush it nicely.
Tip: You may add 2 drops of red food color in sugar syrup if the ginger is not pink
- Put a saucepan on medium heat with water, sugar and crushed ginger in it. Boil for 7 – 8 minutes or until the syrup becomes thick and sticky.
- Remove from heat and strain the syrup through a sieve; cool it.
Tip: This mixture can be stored in an airtight bottle and refrigerated for future use.
- Take two long glasses, add crushed ice in it. Pour half of the ginger syrup in each glass.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of black salt and 1/2 of lemon juice in each glass.
- Now fill the glasses with club soda slowly.
- Stir with a stirrer gently and garnish with a lemon wedge on the rim of the glass. Serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes