It is no secret that junk food is harmful to health, but did you know it also adversely affects your hair?
There is hardly anyone who doesn’t crave for beautiful hair. Regardless of gender or age, having shiny hair with ample volume is everyone’s dream. While some people are born with naturally healthy hair, many others aren’t so lucky. They really have to put in efforts to get that perfect look for a special occasion. And most of these efforts involve applying creams, hair setters, going for blow-drying, etc., which cause more damage than benefit.
Wouldn’t it be great if there was some way to strengthen hair while making them more beautiful, naturally? With the below mentioned power foods, indeed there is! Something as simple as eating the right food can go a long way in giving your hair and scalp the life they need. Picked up from the list of reputed nutritionists, here are some fruits, veggies, and other food items that can help you get amazing hair.
- Prunes – Prunes are rich in iron and having them regularly can help improve hair texture as well as digestion. They help prevent dullness, untimely thinning, breaking, and discoloration of hair.
- Carrots – If you thought your eyes were the only part benefitting from regular consumption of fresh carrots, think again! Carrots are rich in Vitamin A which helps in formation of sebum oil in the scalp. This oil helps keep the scalp and hair very well moisturized thus strengthening them.
- Green Tea – While drinking green tea helps reduce weight, washing your hair with it helps get rid of dandruff. Seriously! So the next time you go out to buy a pack of green tea, make sure you get some extra for your hair.
- Eggs – Needless to say, eggs are healthy; not just for your body, but also for your hair. They are rich in biotin and Vitamin B which are extremely beneficial for the overall health of your hair. Did you know many popular shampoos and conditioners contain biotin which is naturally present in eggs?
- Walnuts – The health benefits of walnuts cannot be underplayed. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, biotin, Vitamin E and copper and this makes walnuts the best kind of nuts for hair nourishment. Having walnuts regularly (in limits) protects your hair against damage from the sun and help give them rich color and shine.
- Cottage Cheese (Paneer) – Rich in calcium and protein, including cottage cheese in your meals helps keep you full for longer while helping you rid dull hair.
- Green Peas – Green peas make for balanced food rich in various minerals and vitamins like zinc, iron and vitamin B. Anything that’s loaded with such goodness is obviously good for the body and hair.
- Bell peppers – One of my personal favorites, bell peppers are a great source of Vitamin C and they are an awesome way of adding color to your palate. Chop up bell peppers of all different colors and consume them cooked or raw to promote efficient supply of oxygen to your hair.
- Sea Food – Here’s something to rejoice for the non-vegetarian food lovers. Sea food like salmon and shrimp are extremely beneficial for hair. While Salmon is rich in protein, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids, Shrimps are a source of vitamin B12, iron and zinc. Having salmon and shrimps helps prevent hair loss while promoting their growth and maintenance.
The list goes on…
This list can go on to include a lot more food items. Are you aware of any more eatables that promote healthier hair?
One thought on “Give life to hair with power foods”
Great article, Thanks for your great information, the content is quiet interesting. I will be waiting for your next post.