Gobhi Manchurian or Cauliflower Manchurian is a popular starter in Indian parties as well as homes. This is a delicious Chinese dish that has been transformed to suit Indian taste buds. It is made from cauliflower tossed in sauces with some spices. Try this recipe and make restaurant-style Gobhi Manchurian at home.
- Cauliflower Head 1 small
- Corn flour ¼ cup
- Refined flour (maida) 2 ½ tablespoons
- Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste 1+¼ teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Green chili cut into slanting pieces 1
- Onion chopped 1 small
- Capsicum cut into small pieces ½ small
- Soy sauce ¾ tablespoon
- Chili sauce ¼ tablespoon
- Tomato ketchup 1 tablespoon
- Tomato puree 1 tablespoon
- Cooking oil 1 tablespoon
- Spring onion cut into small pieces 1 tablespoon
- Oil For frying
- Red Food Color Pinch
- Break the cauliflower florets into small pieces. Take a deep pan with 3 cups of water and boil it. Put the florets in it and cook for 3-4 minutes to soften their stems.
- Drain the water and pat dry the florets on a cloth.
- In an another pan mix corn flour, refined flour, salt, ginger paste, garlic paste together and make a batter for frying by adding water.
- Keep a deep pan or wok with oil on medium heat.
- Dip the florets in batter and coat well. When the oil is hot enough for frying, put florets in it and fry.
- Fry till golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
- Put a shallow pan on heat and put oil in it. When heated, put ginger and garlic paste in it. Fry a little then add chopped onion, stir fry on high heat.
- Add tomato puree, green chili, and capsicum and stir fry. Add soy sauce, chili sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Mix all the ingredients and then add fried cauliflower and spring onion greens to it.
- Garnish with tomato slices, onion rings and lemon slices. Serve hot!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3