Grilled fish fillets tossed in a yummy mix of Indian spices, the Grilled or tandoori fish is liked globally by sea-food lovers. This tender and juicy snack makes for an unmatched starter that can easily be made at home and is perfect to be served at formal parties and get-togethers.
- Boneless – skinless Fish fillets 400 grams
- Ginger – Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoons
- Cumin seeds powder, roasted 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida (Hing) Pinch
- Salt To taste
- Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
- Cooking Oil 1 tablespoon
Note: You may use any fish you like for this recipe but make sure it is fresh. Frozen fish fillets can also be used.
- Combine the turmeric powder, salt, 1 teaspoon red chili powder and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a bowl. Add the fish fillets to this mixture.
- Mix to coat all fillets and keep the bowl aside to marinade for 10 minutes.
- Mix the remaining dry spices in another bowl; add ginger garlic paste and oil to this mixture. Combine all and then add lemon juice spoon by spoon to make a thin paste.
Tip: You may also add in 1 teaspoon gram flour in the spice mixture for a lovely flavor.
- Nicely coat the fish fillets with this paste and then keep them in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius with its grilling rack at central position. Place a tray lined with aluminum foil beneath the rack so that the juices that drop from the fish while cooking do not litter the oven.
- Place all marinated fillets on the preheated grilling rack and cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the grill and flip the fillets to the other side, grill them for 5 or 7minutes more or until the fish is tender and brownish in color.
Tip: To check if the fish is properly cooked, pierce a toothpick or fork at center of a grilled fillet; it should come out clean and easy.
- Remove the grilled fish from the oven and transfer to a serving platter.
- Garnish with salad and lemon slices. Serve hot with green chutney.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3