Kesar badam milk is sweet milk flavored with saffron and almonds. This power-packed energetic drink improves sharpness of the brain and thus makes for a healthy choice. The best thing about this drink is that it can be served hot or chilled according to season or choice. It’s good for the kids too.
- Full cream milk 500 ml
- Almonds, soaked and peeled 1/2 cup
- Pistachios, soaked and peeled (optional) 1 tablespoon
- Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Nutmeg powder (optional) 1/2 teaspoon
- Saffron strings 1/4 teaspoon
- Sugar 4 teaspoons or as per taste
- Put a pan with milk on medium heat to boil.
- Meanwhile take half of the almonds and pistachios in a blender jar, add little milk and grind to fine paste. Chop rest of the almonds and pistachios into thin pieces.
- When the milk starts boiling lower the heat and add the almond-pistachio paste into it.
- Continue to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, chopped almonds, pistachios and saffron to boiling milk and boil for few minutes more. Turn off the heat.
- Garnished with chopped almonds, cashews and pistachios and serve hot or chilled.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes