Refreshing, sweet and tasty drink that can be taken as a cool treat a hot summer day, Khus ka Sharbat is a green colored drink that’s quite soothing. It also has medicinal benefits in that it reduces burning all over the skin, purifies blood, reduces excessive thirst and helps in dehydration too.
- Sugar 2-1/2 cups
- Water 1 glass
- Green food color (liquid) 1 teaspoon
- Poppy extract or essence 1 teaspoon
- Vinegar 1 teaspoon
- Crushed ice 1/2 cup
- Pour water in a pan and put sugar in it; keep the pan on high heat.
- Boil the mixture until it becomes thick. Then reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add vinegar and mix well, turn off the heat.
Note: At this point, take a spoonful of the syrup and take some within your thumb and index finger. Check that it should be of one thread consistency.
- Strain the sugar syrup through a fine sieve and let it cool to room temperature.
- Add color and essence and stir to mix well. Fill the syrup in a clean and dry bottle.
- Take two long glasses and put crushed ice, pour 2 tablespoons khus sharbat syrup in each glass and fill the glass with chilled water.
Tip: You may add soda instead of water to make the drink fizzy.
- Stir with a stirrer or spoon and serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes