Got some leftover rice? Can’t figure out what to do with it? Why not turn it into an amazing pudding! Rice pudding is one of the most liked puddings globally. This is a fabulous rice pudding recipe with a twist of coconut and mango to it. These tropical flavors will tickle your taste buds like never before.
- Cooked rice or leftover cooked rice 2 cups
- Milk 2 cups
- Sugar ½ cup
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- Coconut extract 1 teaspoon
- Mangoes, chopped ½ cup
- Sweetened coconut flakes ½ cup
- Put a saucepan over medium heat with cooked rice, milk, sugar, vanilla and coconut extract in it and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, cover the saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes or until all the liquid has soaked into the rice and it turns into pudding consistency. Keep stirring occasionally.
- Gently fold in chopped mangoes and cook further for 4 to 5 minutes; then turn off the heat.
- While the pudding cooks, toast the coconut flakes in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat until they start turning brown. Keep tossing occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add toasted coconut flakes into pudding, stir and serve warm or refrigerate to chill as per choice.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes