Raita adds a pleasant and cool feeling to any meal. There is a variety of raitas including aloo raita, boondi raita, veg. raita, mix fruit raita and so on. This version of raita is the most delicious and healthy of all because as its name depicts this is made of fruits. It is also an ideal cuisine to be eaten during fasts like ‘Navratra’.
- 1 cup Yogurt
- ¾ cup Assorted fruits, chopped
(You may use Apple, Banana, Pomegranate, Grapes)
- ½ teaspoon Roasted Cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper, ground
- Salt, as per taste (to eat during fasts use Rock Salt (Sendha Namak))
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
Procedure for making Mix Fruit Raita
- Beat yogurt in a bowl until smooth. Add sugar, roasted cumin powder, rock salt and black pepper. Stir to mix well.
Note: You may use this hand beater to quickly beat the yogurt.
- Now add in fruits and mix again. Reserve some pomegranate pearls for garnish.
- Pour in serving bowl and garnish with roasted cumin powder and pomegranate pearls. Refrigerate for at least half an hour to chill and then serve.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Avoid using sour yogurt for making this raita.