Soya chunks and boiled green peas tempered in an onion and tomato thick gravy, Nutri Matar is a tasty and healthy meal option. Easy to make, this dish can be served as a semi-dry main course item and accompanies any kind of bread like naan or chapatti and even steamed rice.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 2/3 cup Soya chunks (soaked in salted water)
- 1 cup Green Peas, boiled
- 1 large Onion, sliced long
- 1 – 2 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1 medium Green chilly, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ½ teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Garam Masala
- Water, as required
- ½ teaspoon Jeera (Cumin seeds)
- 1 tablespoon Cooking Oil
- Place a deep frying pan over medium heat and pour oil in it.
- As soon as the oil heats up, add the cumin seeds and let them crackle for 2 – 3 seconds.
- Add the sliced onion and chopped green chilly and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then lower the heat and let the onions cook until they become translucent and soft.
- Once the onions are done, add the chopped tomato and stir-fry. Let the tempering cook until the tomatoes release their juice and become soft.
- Add all spices and stir. Finally add the boiled peas. Also, drain the soya chunks and then squeeze them within your fingers to get rid of excess water. Add these chunks to the pan.
- Stir everything and then add just a little water. Lower the heat and cover the pan. Let everything cook for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.