Flat baked treats made of butter, raisins, oatmeal, and choco chips or nuts, these cookies can lighten up your day with a single bite. If you love the idea of making cookies at home, begin your baking journey with these delicious and healthy ones. Very easy to make at home, they’re perfect for feeding kids porridge and make for a great tea accompaniment.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 2 ½ cups Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Raisins
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup White sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoons Baking soda
- 2 cups Oatmeal
- ¾ cup Walnuts
Procedure for making Oats Cookies
- Combine raisins, beaten eggs and vanilla; stir and let stand for an hour.
- Cream together butter and both of the sugars in a bowl. Gradually stir in flour, salt, soda and cinnamon; mix well until smooth.
- Now stir in eggs and raisins mixture in it, add oatmeal and chopped nuts; knead.
- Roll the dough into small balls within your palms and then flatten them slightly on ungreased cookie sheets or baking tray. If the mixture turns out to be of pouring consistency, drop it in the baking tray with a spoon.
- Bake the cookies on 180 degree Celsius for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
Note: You may use this oven.
- Bring out of the oven and cool on wired rack, store in airtight jars and use when required.