Grilled Paneer chunks skewed with bell peppers, onions and tomatoes, Paneer Tikka is an all time favorite Indian snack. You can find this served at parties as an appetizer. The perfect start to a formal dinner, this dish is extremely easy to make at home.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 250 gm Cottage cheese (Paneer)
- 1 large Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum)
- 1 large Tomato, thick skin cut into pieces
- 1 large Onion
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black salt
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Carrom Seeds (Ajwain)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cooking oil
- 15 – 20 Long tooth-picks or wooden skewers
Procedure for making Paneer Tikka
- Combine the yogurt with salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, black salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and ginger garlic paste to a slight flowing consistency and keep aside.
- Cut the cottage cheese into bite-sized cubes. Also cut the green bell pepper, onions and thick tomato skin into bite-sized pieces.
- Squeeze the lemon in the yogurt mixture and combine. This mixture will serve as the marinade for the cottage cheese cubes.
- Immerse the cottage cheese cubes in the marinade and cover all cubes with it evenly. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the bowl from the refrigerator and uncover it. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
Note: You may use this oven for baking.
- Meanwhile, arrange the marinated cottage cheese cubes, diced bell pepper, onion and tomato pieces as colorfully on the long tooth-picks as you can.
- Lightly grease a baking dish with oil and place the ready tooth-picks on it. Brush the cottage cheese and veggies lightly with oil too.
- Grill the cottage cheese tooth-picks for 10 minutes, remove dish and turn the tooth-picks, grill for 10 minutes on the other side.
- When done, bring out the baking dish and place the ready paneer tikka on a serving plate. Serve with onion rings and green chutney (Click here to see an easy recipe for Pudina chutney).