Parboiled vegetables and pasta with a creamy white sauce prepared with milk, butter & wheat flour, Veggie Pasta In Roux recipe makes for a perfect lunch or dinner option. This colorful plate of assorted veggies and pasta will soothe your hunger pangs and satisfy your craving for a beautiful platter. So make it quickly and have a blast!
- Parboiled Pasta 2 Cups
- Carrot, finely chopped 1
- French Beans, finely chopped 1 cup
- Tomato puree 1 cup
- Red chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Chicken Masala (optional) 1 teaspoon
- Mutton Masala (optional) 1 teaspoon
- Salt To taste
- Whole Milk 2 Cups
- Black Pepper powder To taste
- Whole wheat flour 1.5 tablespoon
- Cooking Butter 1 tablespoon
- Olive oil 1 teaspoon
Note: You may use vegetarian Maggi Noodles masala or any other taste-maker of your choice in place of Chicken & Mutton masala.
- Parboil (partially boil) or steam the vegetables. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add parboiled pasta, parboiled vegetables, tomato puree, spices and salt.
- Toss well so that the pasta gets coated with the spices. Allow it cook in medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring occasionally to avoid pasta getting burnt at the pan surface.
- For the Roux (White Sauce), put another pan on medium heat. Add milk, wheat flour, salt and pepper powder and whisk fast so that no lumps are formed.
- Keep stirring until it reaches sauce consistency. Turn off the stove. Mix in the butter well.
- Pour roux on top of the Pasta and serve hot in bowls.
Preparation Time: 55 mins
Serves: 1 – 2