Proja is a Balkan dish that tastes similar to the Balkan home made pie. Traditionally it is made with just corn flour, but there are varieties that include added cheese, spinach, swiss chard or olives. You can eat it with a salad, yogurt, ajran or sour cream. It stays fresh for 3 days if you keep it in the fridge and heat only the piece that you plan to eat, not the whole pan every time. Proja has an amazing taste and it is easy to digest.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 10 grams Baking powder
- 80 grams Whole Wheat Flour
- 100 grams Cornflour
- 300 grams Cheese
- 30 Olives
- 3 Eggs
- 300 ml Yogurt
- 100 ml Milk
- 100 ml Olive oil
- Salt, to taste
Procedure for making Proja
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
Note: You may use this oven.
- Mix the eggs in the bowl and add some salt. Add the yogurt and the milk while mixing.
- Add the olive oil and keep mixing. Then add the flour, baking powder and corn flour in the mix and continue mixing till you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Chop the cheese into small pieces and add it into the mix.
- Chop the olives and add them to the mixture as well.
- Mix until you get a nice homogeneous mixture.
- Add some olive oil in the baking pan and spread it evenly on the pan surface, covering the bottom and the sides.
Note: You may use this baking pan.
- Add the mix in the pan.
- Add some sesame on top.
- Bake at 220 degrees for 45 minutes.
- After baking, cover the pan with kitchen towel and leave it for 30 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3
To know more about Viktor, please visit fashioncorner.net