Quinoa is a healthy grain that’s consumed in seed form. It’s rich in protein and is a boon for people going for a wheat-free diet. Combine quinoa with some the tangy flavor of mango and pungent flavor of curry for a delicious, light and healthy salad you’ll want to have over and over again.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 3/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 Mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 Green onions, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups Vegetable stock
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder (optional)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Procedure for making Quinoa Mango Salad
- Place a deep saucepan over high heat and pour the vegetable stock in it.
- Add quinoa, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper and bring the stock to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the saucepan and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes until the quinoa becomes soft and cooked through.
- Transfer the ready quinoa into a shallow dish and allow it to cool down to room temperature.
- Toss it with the mango and green onions and serve at room temperature.