Crisp, tasteful and filling Aloo Tikkis with a twist! Ragi flour is known for its health benefits including bone-strengthening properties. It can be consumed in a variety of ways including this delicious one where we’ve combined it as a binding agent with boiled and mashed potatoes and fried as tikkis. Try this one out, you’ll surely love it!
- Potatoes, boiled and mashed 3 large
- Ragi Flour 3 tablespoons
- Green chilies, finely chopped 2
- Onion, finely chopped (optional) 1 medium
- Salt To taste
- Red chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Dry Mango Powder (Amchur) ½ teaspoon
- Garam Masala ½ teaspoon
- Cooking oil For deep frying
- Tomato Ketchup For serving
- Put the mashed potatoes in a bowl and add the green chilies, onion, ragi flour and spices.
- With clean dry hands, combine the mixture while mashing it some more to smoothness.
- Place a wok or deep frying pan over medium heat with oil in it.
- Meanwhile line a plate with paper towels and shape the potato mixture into tikkis.
- As soon as the oil heats up, break off a tiny portion of the mixture and drop it in the oil. If it doesn’t break then the mixture is perfect. Else, add a little more flour.
- Slide in the tikkis in the hot oil and fry to a nice brown color from both sides.
- Transfer to the plate lined with paper towels when done to soak the excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup and green chutney at tea-time.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3