This butternut squash soup gives an elegant start to a hearty meal. This smooth combo of veggies & butternut squash is sure to please everyone’s senses. Super easy to make, this soup also makes for a healthy meal option in itself.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 large Butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium Onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium Carrot, diced
- 1 Celery stalk, diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock
- 1/2 tablespoon Red Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 3 – 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cups Water
Procedure for making this Soup
- Set the oven for preheating to 180 degrees C.
Note: You may use this oven.
- Meanwhile, combine the olive oil, salt and red chili powder in a bowl and toss all the veggies with this mixture. Then transfer them to a baking tray.
- Put the tray in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Once done, remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool. Then blend the baked veggies in a mixer with water (as required) to a thick puree.
- Place a saucepan on low-medium heat, and pour the pureed soup into it.
- Add the rest of the water to the pan along with the vegetable stock, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the Tabasco (if using) and stir.
- Ladle out the soup into serving bowls and serve hot with toasted bread!