This is an easy recipe to prepare juicy, roasted chicken thighs with tomatoes and potatoes. This dish is a complete meal in itself but is also ideal to be served as an entree or appetizer as well.
- Bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed 8
- Olive oil, divided 5 tablespoons
- Dried oregano 1 teaspoon
- Ripe cherry tomatoes 1 pint
- Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch discs 2 large
- Salt and pepper For seasoning
- Fresh or dried rosemary For garnish
Note: You may also add some pitted olives along with cherry tomatoes in this dish for a change.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Toss the diced potatoes with 3 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange the seasoned potatoes across the bottom of a roasting pan and place chicken thighs on top.
- Scatter cherry tomatoes all around chicken thighs and dust with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil all over the dish and scatter rosemary on top.
- Place the pan in preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes while stirring once or twice. The temperature should reach 75 degrees Celsius on a thermometer when inserted at the thickest part of a thigh.
- Bring out the pan, pick out chicken thighs, using tongs and transfer onto a serving platter.
- Return the vegetables into the oven and bake for 10 minutes more or until potatoes are tender and golden brown at surface.
- Scatter the roasted vegetables alongside chicken thighs on serving platter and serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes