If you love potato wedges, you’re sure to love these pumpkin ones too. They’re really easy to make and are a perfect fit for any party – informal or formal. Plus, they bring in a refreshing change. Bake them, grill them or roast them on a pan; serve them as they are or with choice of dip! (adapted from recipes-plus.com)
- Pumpkin, peeled, unseeded, cut into wedges 1 kg
- Cumin seeds 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
- Salt To taste
- Sugar (optional) 1 teaspoon
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil 3 tablespoons
- Oven (if baking)
- Grill (if grilling)
- Flat non-stick pan (if pan-roasting)
- Grease your baking pan / grill tray / flat roasting pan with olive oil and preheat on high (400 degrees F for oven) for 5 – 6 minutes.
- Put the pumpkin wedges on the heated pan / tray and roast for 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter and combine the salt, sugar and spices into it. Toss well and let the sugar dissolve completely.
- Pour this mixture over roasted pumpkin wedges and toss to coat. You could also put the roasted wedges into the butter mixture and then toss gently to coat.
- Again roast the wedges for 10 – 15 minutes to set the crust and make them tender and brown.
- Serve hot without / with choice of dip.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes