The perfect soup to satisfy your hunger pangs and keep you warm this winter, this Roasted Tomato Soup is easy to make and delicious. Team it up with a dollop of cream and some freshly baked bread croutons to transform it into a mini meal.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 kg Tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 pods Garlic, chopped
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons Black Pepper powder
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 – 3 Bread Slices
- 1 tablespoon Dried basil
Procedure for making the Soup
- Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil with salt, pepper, onion, garlic and 1 teaspoon oregano in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes to this mix and toss to coat.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
Note: You may use this oven.
- When the oven is preheated, roast the coated tomatoes for 45 – 50 minutes or until they become soft.
- Remove from oven and allow them to cool slightly. Then put the tomatoes in a blender and pour the vegetable stock too.
Note: You may use this blender.
- Blend until the soup is smooth and creamy. Then pour it into an open pan and place it on low heat to simmer.
- Meanwhile, cut up the bread slices into bite sized squares. Combine remaining olive oil with some salt, pepper, remaining oregano and basil in a large bowl.
- Coat the bread squares with this mix and roast them in preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, ladle hot soup into bowls and add roasted bread croutons. Drop a dollop of fresh cream if desired and serve hot!