The perfect breakfast for any fast, Sabudana Khichdi is a favorite and light dish that can be made easily and quickly. Its filling and promises a healthy start to an auspicious day. But that doesn’t mean you have to eat it only during fasts. You can make this awesome dish any morning for a light and healthy breakfast option.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 cup Sabudana
- 1 large Potato, cut into small pieces
- 2 medium Green chilies, finely chopped
- ½ cup Peanuts, deep fried or roasted
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak), to taste
- 1 – 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
Procedure for making Sabudana Khichdi
- Wash sabudana two to three times in water. Then soak it for half an hour to allow it to expand in volume and become soft. When done, drain it and keep aside.
- Put a non-stick kadhai over medium heat and pour cooking oil in it.
Note: You may use this non-stick kadhai.
- Once the oil heats up, add the cut potatoes and reduce the heat. Deep fry them until they become soft and then increase the heat to give them a nice golden-brown color.
- When done, take them out of the oil using a perforated spoon onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- In the same oil add the peanuts and fry them for a few seconds. Then remove them to the same plate as the potatoes.
- Now in the same hot oil add the chopped green chilies. They will fry instantly. Immediately also add the fried potatoes and peanuts.
- Add the rock salt and mix everything.
- Finally add the drained sabudana and mix everything. Avoid cooking it too much after this point to avoid sabudana from becoming too sticky.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve hot.