The beauty of eggs is that they can be cooked in a variety of ways and just as easily. Plus they’re healthy and easily available! This is a classic breakfast recipe with sautéed veggies and poached eggs. You can make with boiled-and-shredded eggs as well. This dish makes for a delicious and filling start to the day.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 Zucchini, cut into large cubes
- 1 Eggplant, cut into large cubes
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into large slices
- 1 Onion, cut into large cubes
- 3 – 4 large Tomatoes, crushed or coarse pureed
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Procedure for making Sauteed Veggies with Poached Eggs
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat and pour the oil in it.
Note: You may use this large frying pan.
- As soon as it heats up, add the garlic and onion. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent and soft.
- Now add the zucchini, eggplant and red bell pepper.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir everything and cook for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Finally add crushed or coarse pureed tomatoes and stir. Cover the pan, lower the heat and let everything cook until all veggies are soft.
- When done, turn off the heat and spread out the sautéed veggies on a serving platter.
- Immediately break the eggs on 4 different corners on top of the hot sautéed veggies.
- Serve once the eggs are poached to your liking.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 1 – 2
You can also half-fry the eggs on a flat frying pan separately and transfer them on top of the sautéed veggies on a serving platter.