A great way to beat the heat, this salad is a soul soother when the temperatures soar. A hearty combination of shrimp and colorful salad veggies dressed in a vinegar, olive oil, sugar dressing makes this salad a treat for the senses.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 6 – 8 Shrimps, cooked, peeled and de-veined
- 2 Avocados, pulp scooped out
- 1 medium Cucumber, diced
- 1 medium Tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup Chives, diced
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
Procedure for making Shrimp and Veggie Salad
- Whisk the vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and black pepper in a bowl until the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix the cooked shrimps, chopped tomatoes, cucumber and chives in a large bowl.
- Add the avocado pulp to the bowl.
- Pour the dressing prepared in step 1 over the salad and gently toss to coat everything.
- Keep the salad bowl in the fridge for about 10 minutes and then serve chilled.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
To get the pulp out of the Avocados, cut them and remove the central stone. Then scoop the pulp out using a spoon.