Chicken is one of the most common poultry products in the world. It is a major source of meat and eggs worldwide and is prepared as food in a wide variety of ways, varying by region and culture. Here we are explaining an Italian recipe to grill chicken with a spicy orange sauce. The use of spicy-sweet orange sauce turns simple chicken into something very special. It is a perfect entrée to be served or may even be served at main course table as a side as well.
- Skinless chicken wings, fat trimmed off 8
- Low sugar orange marmalade 1 cup
- Chopped fresh ginger 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves, peeled and chopped 2
- Soy sauce 1 tablespoon
- Red hot pepper (optional) 1 small
- Salt and pepper To taste
- Chopped fresh parsley 3 tablespoons
- Oil to grease the grill rack
- Combine marmalade, ginger, garlic, red pepper, and soy sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper then use a hand blender/wand to blend the sauce until smooth.
- Stir in parsley and keep aside for the time being.
- Prepare a medium-hot fire for grilling or preheat a gas grill and arrange a rack 3 or 4 inches away from heat.
- Brush the rack with cooking oil and arrange the chicken pieces on it. Grill for 5 minutes on each side or until opaque.
- Brush opaque chicken pieces with prepared orange sauce on both sides and grill further for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is well cooked.
- Transfer from grill to serving platter and serve with pesto.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes