Mushrooms are used quite often in Chinese cooking and are actually quite delicious. They are used as an accompanying ingredient or as main ingredient in various dishes. This Stir-fried mushrooms recipe yields a gorgeous appetizer containing button mushrooms and other varieties of mushrooms with onions, soy sauce, water chestnuts and more wonderful ingredients. It is a fabulous looking dish which is fit to be served as an entrée or as a side to main dish.
- Button mushrooms, stems removed and cut into halves 2/3rd cup
- Black mushrooms, stems removed and soaked in water ½ cup
- Coral mushrooms, stems removed and soaked in water ¼ cup
- Onion, chopped 1/8th cup
- Capsicum, seeded and chopped ½ cup
- Baby corn, sliced and blanched ¼ cup
- Garlic, minced ½ teaspoon
- White sugar ½ teaspoon
- Light soy sauce 1 teaspoon
- Mushroom sauce 1 teaspoon
- Salt and white pepper To taste
- Cooking oil 1 tablespoon
- Cashew nuts (optional) 1/8th cup
- Green onions, chopped For garnish
- Put a wok or skillet over medium heat with oil in it. Add cashew nuts and fry for half a minute or until lightly golden brown, drain out using slotted spoon.
- Add in chopped onion and garlic, stir and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes then stir in remaining ingredients except green onions gradually while tossing constantly.
- Stir fry for 5 – 6 minutes or until the running liquid disappears.
- Stir in fried cashew nuts and transfer into serving platter, garnish with chopped green onion, serve warm and enjoy.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes