Mushrooms stuffed with cheese and herbs and baked to perfection. This is one dish you’d love to repeat as an appetizer before dinner, an evening snack or as a complete meal (if you want to have something light and different).
- Mushrooms 18 small-medium
- Shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup
- Breadcrumbs 1/2 cup
- Minced Garlic cloves 2
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Ground pepper & Salt To taste
- Parsley 1/4 cup
- Thyme 1/8 cup
- Oregano 1/8 cup
- Sage leaves 2
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Remove the mushroom stems and thoroughly clean them.
- Mince and combine the herbs (parsley, thyme, oregano and sage leaves) and keep the mix aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded cheese, breadcrumbs, ½ cup of the minced herbs, minced garlic cloves, and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper if necessary (Cheddar cheese is salty so add only a little salt).
- Stuff each mushroom cap with 1-2 tablespoons of stuffing. Press it inside with your hands to make sure the stuffing doesn’t fall out.
- Arrange the mushrooms in the baking dish, and bake at 400 degrees F for 17-19 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked and the stuffing is melted and starting to turn golden on top.
- Serve hot.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 18 stuffed mushrooms