Winters bring with them the time for soups, hot drinks & warm desserts. So here’s a delicious soup recipe to light up your winter evening. Chicken sweet corn soup is very popular among all chicken lovers. Served at all eateries, this soup can be easily simmered at home.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 200 grams Boneless Chicken, boiled and shredded
- 100 grams Boiled Sweet Corn
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, finely chopped or minced
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour, dissolved in ½ cup of water
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper powder
- Salt, to taste
- 5 cups Chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Procedure for making the Soup
- Put a saucepan on medium heat with oil in it. Add chopped ginger and sauté for a minute and then add in shredded chicken, stir and sauté further for a minute.
- Add in soy sauce, white pepper powder and sweet corns. Stir and pour in chicken stock, bring to a boil and then lower the heat to simmer until the remaining ingredients are added.
- Add vinegar, sugar and salt to taste, stir and then pour in corn flour solution while stirring continuously. Stir and simmer until thickens to desired consistency.
- Add in chopped cilantro, stir and turn off the heat.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and serve hot.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- You may add beaten egg while stirring soup continuously to form poached egg threads if you like.
- Some chopped green onion may also be added into this soup.