Vanilla ice cream with warm chocolate sauce is one of the most popular Sundae desserts. This particular style was created in USA. It is also called as a ‘Hot Fudge Sundae’ or ‘Heated Sauce Sundae’. It is made by topping an ice cream with warm chocolate or any other fruity sauce like strawberry sauce. This homemade chocolate sauce recipe is quick to make and is perfect to be served to family and friends.
- Sugar ½ cup
- Salt Pinch
- Cocoa powder 2 tablespoons
- Butter at room temperature 2 tablespoons
- Water As per requirement
- Vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla ice cream (homemade or ready-made)
- Combine sugar, salt and cocoa powder in a bowl. Mix and add in ¼ cup of water, stir to dissolve all well. Add more water if required for a pouring consistency sauce.
- Add butter into mixture and put over medium heat in a small pan to boil for a minute while stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Scoop out vanilla ice cream in serving bowls and top with warm chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
Preparation Tinme: 10 minutes