Colorful and quick to make, this appetizer is sure to be an eye-candy as well as a mouthful of flavor. Add as many veggies to this dish as you want and deep-fry, bake, or grill as per preference. I grilled them just to give them the authentic kebab touch. Perfect for formal parties and a lovely way to feed kids some vegetables!
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 120 grams Cottage cheese
- 140 grams Cherry tomatoes
- 1 Yellow bell pepper
- 1 Zucchini
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon Red Chili powder
- ½ bunch Fresh mint
- 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
Procedure for making Veggies on Skewers
- Immerse your wooden skewers into cold water so that they can soak it up. Immersing skewers in cold water before grilling prevents them from burning when the kebabs are cooking.
Note: You may use these wooden skewers.
- Cut the cottage cheese into bite-sized cubes. De-seed the yellow pepper and cut it into pieces. Add both to a mixing bowl.
- Cut the zucchini into small slices and add to the bowl. Also add the cherry tomatoes whole.
- Wash the mint leaves thoroughly and finely chop them.
- Grate some lemon zest and add the mint, red chili powder and the zest to the mixing bowl. Also add the olive oil.
- Season the mixture with salt and black pepper and then toss to coat everything. Squeeze a little lemon juice too.
- Preheat the grill to high. While it heats, lightly grease a grill tray. Arrange the veggies and cheese pieces on the skewers.
Note: You may use this OTG for grilling.
- Place the skewers on the grill tray and grill for 10 – 12 minutes. Turn the skewers half way through to ensure even cooking. When the cheese becomes golden and the veggies soft, you’re done!
- Remove the skewers from the grill and let them cool very slightly. Serve!