A cool trick to beat the heat, these frozen fruit and low-fat yogurt popsicles without sugar are healthy too! A blend of fresh bananas, yogurt and berries of your choice give these frozen popsicles color and taste that can be cherished by kids and adults alike.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 3 cups Fresh or frozen berries of your choice
- 1 cup Low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 Fresh Ripe banana
- 1/2 cup Honey
Procedure for making Yogurt Popsicles
- Pour the honey in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add the berries to it.
- Lower the heat and simmer the berries and honey for 5 minutes.
- Side by side, blend the banana and yogurt to a smooth mixture using a blender.
- Turn off the flame and place a steel strainer over a bowl. Strain the honey and berry mixture and squeeze out all juice from the pulp.
Note: You may use this steel strainer.
- Cover the bowl with the honey-berry mixture and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes. While it chills, divide the banana-yogurt mixture into 10 popsicle moulds.
Note: You may use these popsicle moulds.
- Remove the honey-berry mixture from the fridge after 30 minutes and pout it over the yogurt mixture in the moulds. Give it a little swirl to mix the tastes and colors.
- Seal the moulds with lids. Freeze the moulds for 6 hours or more as required till they are completely frozen.
- Enjoy them chilled.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes (excluding freezing time)
You can use any berries you like and as per availability. Raspberries, Blueberries as well as Strawberries make equally good popsicles.