Besan Cheela is a quick make, yummy and filling breakfast option that can also be had as a snack at any time of the day. A tasty blend of besan, onion, green chili, fresh cilantro and spices, you can also call these cheelas savory gram flour thin pancakes!
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 3 – 4 tablespoons Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 small Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 2 large pinches Fresh Coriander (Cilantro), chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chili powder (optional)
- Cooking Oil, as required
- Water, as required
Procedure for making Besan Cheela
- Combine everything except the water and oil in a bowl.
- Slowly add water while stirring such that no lumps are formed. Add water as much as required for a slightly thick flowing batter.
- Place a non-stick tawa over medium heat and spread a little cooking oil on it.
Note: You may use this non-stick tawa.
- Pour about 4 tablespoons of the batter on the greased tawa and spread it using a spatula.
- After about a minute, drizzle oil over the surface of the pancake and then sliding the spatula under it, detach it from the pan and carefully flip it over.
- Let the pancake cook to a beautiful golden brown color on both sides.
- When done, transfer the pancakes (cheelas) to a serving plate and serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney (Click here for an easy recipe for Pudina Chutney).