Besan ka Parantha is a type of Indian bread made with gram flour (besan) combined with wheat flour and added with spices. This is cooked on griddle with oil or ghee. This is a rich source of iron as it is made with gram flour. A healthy and filling start to a perfect day.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 3 tablespoons Besan (Gram flour)
- 3 tablespoons Atta (Wheat flour)
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Cilantro), chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon Ajwain (Carrom seeds)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Salt, To taste
- 3 tablespoons Cooking oil
Procedure for making Besan ka Parantha
- Take a bowl and put besan, wheat flour, coriander, chili, onion, ghee, salt, haldi and ajwain in it.
- Add water to knead and make soft dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Make 4 equal portions of the dough, take one and make shape of a ball.
- Dust the dough ball in dry flour and roll with the help of a rolling pin in a round shape.
- Place a non-stick tawa or griddle on flame.
Note: You may use this non-stick tawa.
- When heated grease with oil and put the parantha on it.
- Bake on medium heat till it cooks from lower side then flip it.
- Put some oil on it and spread all around, flip the parantha with greased side down.
- Repeat on the top now.
- When cooked from both sides shift the ready parantha to a serving plate and serve hot with butter and pickle or curry of choice.