Delicious vegetarian mini pizzas that are perfect for tea-time get-togethers or for birthday parties for kids. The beauty of this recipe is that you can mix and match any combination of veggies and sauces to create flavorful pizzas. And they’re always a hit – after all, everyone loves Pizza!
- Bread slices (Brown or White) 4 – 6
- Onion, finely chopped 1 medium
- Tomato, unseeded and finely chopped 1 medium
- Capsicum, finely chopped 1 medium
- Semolina (Sooji) 1 cup
- Non-sour Curd or thick milk cream (Malai) 3 – 4 tablespoons
- Salt To taste
- Black pepper powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Butter or ghee 5 – 6 tablespoons
- Cheese, grated To top
- Combine the chopped veggies, curd or malai, salt, black pepper and sooji in a bowl.
- Using a round bread cutter cut out small circles from each bread slice. The edges can be used in some other recipe.
Tip: If you don’t have a bread cutter, keep a small bowl inverted on a bread slice and using it as a stencil run a sharp knife along its circular edge to create a round mini pizza base.
- Put a flat non-stick pan or tava over medium heat and melt some butter on it or drizzle a little ghee.
- Apply generous portions of the sooji mixture on one each of the bread and keep it (filling side up) on the greased tava.
- Once the bottom turns light brown and becomes a little crispy, drizzle some more melted butter or ghee on the top and carefully flip it over.
Tip: While the bread cooks from the bottom side, using a wooden spatula gently press down the pizza to set the toppings.
- Let it cook from the top side for 1 – 2 minutes and then flip it back.
- Transfer to a serving dish and immediately top with grated cheese. The cheese will melt since the pizzas will be hot.
- If desired, sprinkle a little oregano on top and serve hot!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 – 3