A unique Kuttu recipe, these Uttapams are sure to give a refreshing change to your taste buds. Put in all the veggies you like to have during Navratras and adapt this dish as per your choice. Quick to make, healthy and delicious to have, these uttapams are a must-try.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 cup Kuttu Atta (Buckwheat flour)
- Club Soda, as required for making batter
- Rock Salt (Sendha Namak), to taste
- 1 cup Choice of vegetables
- 3 – 4 tablespoon Cooking oil
Procedure for making Buckwheat Pancakes
- Sift the flour in a bowl and gradually add club soda to it. Mix well to make a smooth batter having consistency similar to dosa batter.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Place a saute-pan over medium heat and pour some oil in it. As soon as it heats up add vegetables (potato, capsicum , coriander, paneer etc) and saute until tender.
- Place a flat griddle or non-stick tawa over medium heat and grease it with a little oil.
Note: You may use this non-stick tawa.
- When it heats up, spread the batter on it. Spread toppings on the surface and press down gently with a flat spatula.
- Cook till golden brown on both sides. Take care while flipping it over.
- When done, transfer to a serving plate. Serve with coconut chutney (Click here for an easy recipe for Coconut Chutney. If having these pancakes during Navratra fasts, use Rock Salt for chutney as well).