If you’re not a big fan of cooked cabbage (because of its smell), this Cabbage Curry dish will surprise you with its aroma and crunchiness. Made in coconut oil, this vegetarian dish will remind you of authentic Kerala food. Give it a try and you’ll love this amalgamation of roughly chopped cabbage and veggies!
- Coconut oil 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
- Cabbage, chopped 2 cups
- Onion, chopped 1
- Tomatoes, chopped 2
- Salt To taste
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Red chilli Powder ¾ teaspoon
- Water 2 cups
- Curry leaves 7 – 8
- Cilantro, roughly chopped 1 cup
- Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a flat pan.
- Add cabbage, onion, tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the lid and top with curry leaves, cilantro and coconut oil. Cover the pan with the lid. Turn off the stove.
- Cabbage curry is ready to be served after 10 minutes.
Preparation Time: 35 minutes
Serves: 3 – 4