Okay this is not the traditional couscous but my take on it. Did you know that cauliflower when grated fine resembles couscous? Yes it does and it can be teamed up with a variety of things to make it all the more interesting. Here’s a beautiful recipe that yields sweet and slightly tangy Cauliflower Pineapple Couscous that’ll make for the perfect side-dish at any meal table.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 medium Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup Pineapple, diced
- 4 large Eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Onion, diced
- 1-1/2 cups Assorted Veggies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Procedure for making Cauliflower Pineapple Couscous
- Grate the cauliflower florets to fine grain size. Don’t overdo it though or else you’ll lose the texture. Keep aside.
Note: You may use this kitchen grater.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium heat and grease it lightly. Add the beaten eggs to this and scramble them until cooked.
- Transfer the eggs to a plate and then add the olive oil to the same pan. Let it heat up and then add diced onion and minced garlic.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes or until the onion becomes transparent.
- Now add the grated cauliflower, chopped veggies, and soy sauce to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir to mix. Let everything cook until the cauliflower softens.
- Add the scrambled eggs to the pan and also the diced pineapple. Stir and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve warm.