Easy to make, this Chana Masala Sandwich is yummy and filling. Stuffed with chickpeas cooked in tangy Indian spices, this dish is a must try for those who like a little spice in their meals. Perfect little appetizers that you can have for breakfast or at any time during the day.
To purchase any highlighted ingredient or equipment used in this recipe, click on it.
- 1 cup Chickpeas (Kabuli Chana), boiled
- 2 pieces Puffed Bread, cut into halves
- 4 pieces Lettuce
- ½ Onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon Ginger, grated
- 1 Green Chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Tomato puree
- ¼ teaspoon Red Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon Amchur (Dry mango powder)
- ¼ teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- Salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon Garam Masala powder
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Cilantro), chopped
- 1-½ tablespoon Cooking oil
Procedure for making Chana Masala Sandwich
- Put a pan with oil on medium heat. As soon as the oil heats up, add carom seeds.
- When they splutter, add ginger and stir fry. Now add tomato puree and mix well. After it leaves oil at the sides, add salt and dry spices and fry until the oil separates.
- Put boiled chickpeas, green chilli and coriander. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes. After a boil, remove from the heat.
- Take the halves of puffed breads and slit them to make a pocket.
- Put a flat non-stick pan on heat and grease with oil. Roast puffed bread on it from both sides.
Note: You may use this non-stick pan.
- Fill cooked masala chickpeas in it, put a lettuce leaf, some coriander leaves and onion slices on it.
- Make all the breads ready the same way and keep in the serving dish. Serve hot!
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- You may use regular bread if you don’t have puffed bread.
- This sandwich may be grilled in a sandwich maker to make it more crispy.